Preparing for your Electrical Apprenticeship Interview
by Derek Thompson on 20 July 2012
Attending an interview may seem like a very daunting task, especially if it is your first interview. We have outlined some tips to help you prepare and get the best out of your interview.
Good preparation will help you stay focused and enable you to showcase the best of your knowledge, skill and talents to us and a potential employer.
Do your homework
• Ensure that you research what is involved in the apprenticeship (ETT are happy to answer any of your questions prior to your interview)
• By knowing what is involved, you will be able to match your skills and qualifications suitable to the ideal apprentice that we are looking for
• Ensure that you have qualification certificates (if received), doctors and optician letters and any other formal documents stored safely – we may ask for these
• You may wish to involve a family member or friend to help you prepare, to ask you suitable interview questions or simply support you
• Plan your journey – ensure you know where the exact location of your interview is and the time it takes to get there (allow time for traffic jams and road works etc.)
• Double check the time and date of your interview
The day of your interview
• Dress appropriately in clean, ironed clothes (Smart suits etc. are not required)
• Ensure you have any relevant documents with you
• Make sure that you arrive on time, being late does not give a good impression
• Be polite and be careful of your body language (giving off a good vibe will say a lot about you as a person)
• Stay calm (we understand that you may be nervous but relax and enjoy the interview experience, this may be the first of many to come)
We wish to make you feel at ease; however preparation is the key to a successful interview.
If you have any questions about the apprenticeship, application process or interview please contact us and speak to one of our recruitment advisors.
T: +44 (0)28 2565 0750
F: +44 (0)28 2563 0725