Who is this course for?
Managers and HR professionals implementing a performance management system.
Is this the right course for me?
This course will build a strong understanding of performance management best practice. You will be able to apply the performance management cycle and a range of specific people management techniques to develop the performance of individual team members in order to deliver whole-team improvements.
- Understand the Line Managers role in managing the appraisal process and the impact they have on their direct reports.
- Highly motivated team members post appraisal.
- Spending quality time, one to one to enhance or improve personal productivity.
- To offer and receive feedback on personal performances and contributions.
- To enhance questioning, listening, and body language skills.
- Write SMART objectives and formulate personal development plans.
Role plays, exercises and case studies will be used throughout.
- Why have appraisal systems?
What does the appraisal achieve?
What happens where there is no appraisal system?
The impact of appraisals
- Feedback Skills
The need for feedback – the rights and responsibilities
The impact of feedback on motivation and performance
Criticism – the steps, the rules and the pitfalls
Praise – the steps and the rules
- The Appraisal Formal
Preparation – for both parties
Timings & duration
Note taking & paperwork
Introductions & opening
Structure for the body of the appraisal
Closing, getting agreement and action planning
- Handling Conflict in an appraisal
The inner voice
- Self-perception and awareness
A framework for handling awkward people and situations
Handling awkward situations and people
Our price of £185 (discounted to £155 if booked 4 weeks prior to start date of course, book more than one Game Changer course & get 10% off the total cost) includes all the following:-
- A full day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one to one advice sessions
- A comprehensive set of notes with tips and advice
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- An ett course certificate
- Use of the ett break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free car parking
Click here you book your place on the Conducting Effective Appraisals course