Who is this course for?
This is an essential course for anyone involved in the recruitment and selection process in any way - particularly managers who are recruiting staff into their own teams.
Is this the right course for me?
Do you find yourself panic recruiting; taking the best of a mediocre bunch just to fulfil a need? Is your staff turnover higher than your competitors? Are your operations at risk because you can’t find the right staff or keep recruiting the wrong ones? Failings in the recruitment and selection process can do more damage to your business than almost any other factor.
This highly practical course is designed to help you apply clear guidelines for the successful preparation, conduct and follow up of a selection interview. It is also designed to help you practise the appropriate skills and receive feedback for future development.
- Competence in design and implementation of an appropriate selection process
- The skills to refine your job profiles to enable more targeted searches
- Techniques to communicate effectively in interviews, getting the information you need to make the best decisions
- Selection & Interviewing
What is the objective of a selection interview?
Why bother getting it right, the cost of getting it wrong
Preparing for the selection interview; job descriptions, person specifications, application forms, the environment, best practice advice, interview procedures & plans - choosing different methods
Score rating for the interview process
Scheduling interviews and arranging reception for candidates
- The Interview
Environment & arrival issues
Putting the candidate at ease
Interviewing skills; questioning techniques; establishing rapport, body language
- After the Interview
Assessing the results for action
Analysis by an objective method
Courtesy to all candidates
Our price of £185 (discounted to £155 if booked 4 weeks prior to start date of course, book more than one Game Changer course & get 10% off the total cost) includes all the following:-
- A full day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one to one advice sessions
- A comprehensive set of notes with tips and advice
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- An ett course certificate
- Use of the ett break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free car parking
Click here to book your place on the Essential Interview Skills course