Who is this course for?
This qualification is for workers or learners who need evidence of competency in initial verification of new electrical installations. It is suitable for practicing electricians with ability to conduct fixed wire testing.
Is this the right course for me?
The qualification is one of two new replacements for the City & Guilds 2391. If you want to be fully qualified and up to date in the area of Inspection and Testing, this new award is your first step.
There are no formal entry requirements.
*Please call and speak to one of our assessors, for a free initial assessment.
Benefits for you
- Gain an industry recognised qualification that keeps your technical qualifications relevant and up to date
- Help you meet the JIB requirement to be graded as an Electrician or an Approved Electrician
- Become the specialist in inspection and testing within your company
- Enhance your technical skills and knowledge, helping to improve your current employment prospects
- Prepare you for promotion and increase your opportunity for success in that next job
Benefits for your organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with legal and statutory requirements including the Electricity at Work Regulations and the Health and Safety at Work NI Order 1978
- Improve your quality assurance arrangements
- Self-perform commissioning work and reduce reliance on 3rd party suppliers
- Enable you to compile your own operation and maintenance manuals in a more efficient and effective way.
- Provide a more valuable customer service for your clients
- Maintain your eligibility for local and public authority tender lists
- Impress your customers
|On-line examination||Written Paper||Practical Assessment||Max time |
- 80 minute test
- 40 questions
Undertaken in accordance with C&G predetermined fixed dates at ETT C&G Centre.
Task A - Visual inspection
Task B - Insulation resistance test
Task C - Earth fault loop impedance test
Task D - Full initial verification and certification test
- Arranged subject to success in the online and written paper examination at ETT C&G Centre
- Normally held within 30 days of examination success
Task A - 30 min
Task B - 20 min
Task C - 15 min
Task D - 90 min
To allow you time to revise and prepare, we schedule exams a few weeks after each course. Your exam will be held on one of the dates below and will be confirmed when you attend ETT.
- 26th June 2013
- 21st August 2013
- 4th December 2013
It is essential that you purchase the following prior to the course
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing (Guidance Notes for BS 7671) (Paperback) ISBN-13: 978-0863418570
- IEE On-site Guide; BS 7671: 2008 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition (Spiral-bound) ISBN-13: 978-0863418549
- IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition: (BS 7671: 2008) (With explanatory leaflet) (Paperback) ISBN-13: 978-0863418440
Our price of £425 includes all of the following
- Three days of expert tuition, including the opportunity for a one to one session
- Instruction and use of practice assessment rigs allowing a comprehensive selection of assessments to be carried out
- Registration and fees for all three assessments. (Online, written paper and practical)
- A comprehensive set of notes with tips and advice to help prepare you for the assessments
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- An ETT course certificate providing an overview of topics studied
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free car parking