Who is this course for?
This qualification is for workers or learners who need evidence of competency in periodic inspection of electrical installations. It is suitable for practicing electricians or supervisors with ability to conduct fixed wire testing.
Is this the right course for me?
The qualification is one of two new replacements for the City & Guilds 2391. If you want to be fully qualified and up to date in the area of Inspection and Testing, this new award is your first step.
There are no formal entry requirements.
*Please call and speak to one of our assessors, for a free initial assessment.
What are the benefits?
Benefits for you
- Gain an industry recognised qualification that keeps your technical qualifications relevant and up to date
- Helps you meet the JIB requirement to be graded as an Electrician or an Approved Electrician
- Become the specialist in Inspection and Testing within your company
- Enhance your technical skills and knowledge, helping to improve your current employment prospects
- Prepare you for promotion and increase your opportunity for success in that next job
Benefits for your organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with legal and statutory requirements including the Electricity at Work Regulations and the Health and Safety at Work (NI) Order 1978
- Improve your quality assurance arrangements
- Self-perform commissioning work and reduce reliance on third party suppliers
- Enable you to compile your own operation and maintenance manuals in a more efficient and effective way
- Provide a more valuable customer service for your clients
- Maintain your eligibility for local and public authority tender lists
- Impress your customers
The course is delivered over three consecutive days and provides a good mix of theory, practical and exam preparation training. This includes
- The BS 7671 requirements for initial verification and periodic inspection and testing
- Training to correctly conduct the inspection and testing of an installation
- The statutory and non-statutory requirements and relevant guidance material, which apply to the activity of inspecting and testing of electrical installations
- We envisage that the online multi choice question paper (Assessment 1) and the written paper (Assessment 2) will be provided on the same day
- The practical assessment (Assessment 3) will usually be held within 60 days of the course delivery period
To allow you time to revise and prepare, we schedule exams a few weeks after each course. Your exam will be held on one of the dates below and will be confirmed when you attend ETT.
- 11th February 2014
- 1st April 2014
- 10th June 2014
It is essential that you purchase the following prior to the course
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing (Guidance Notes for BS 7671) (Paperback) ISBN-13: 978-0863418570
- IEE On-site Guide; BS 7671: 2008 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition (Spiral-bound) ISBN-13: 978-0863418549
- IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition: (BS 7671: 2008) (With explanatory leaflet) (Paperback) ISBN-13: 978-0863418440
Our price of £425 includes all of the following
- Three days of expert tuition including the opportunity for a one to one session
- Instruction and use of practice assessment rigs allowing a comprehensive selection of assessments to be carried out
- Registration and assessment fees for all three units in total (online, written paper and practical)
- A comprehensive set of notes with tips and advice to help prepare you for the assessments
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- An ETT course certificate, providing an overview of topics studied
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free car parking