Who is this course for?
This is a specialist course for people seeking to take their knowledge and skills to a higher level. We recommend this course to those people who have responsibility for the safety of others working in commercial and industrial buildings. This course is also suitable for those who need to bring their skills and knowledge up to date with legislation and best practice. This includes, apprentice electricians, qualified electricians at all grades, FM Managers, Estates Managers, Building Control Inspectors and Public Authority technical staff.
Is this the right course for me?
We always provide leading industry experts to deliver our training. You can be sure that you will leave the course with up to date specialist knowledge that will enable you to understand, use and apply the BS 5266-1 2011 Code of Practice for Emergency Lighting.
What are the benefits?
Benefits for you
- Enhance your technical knowledge in a specialised area of building maintenance, helping to improve your current employment prospects, prepare you for promotion and increase your opportunity for success in that next job.
- Equip you to deal with the current Code of Practice and enable you to deal more effectively with others.
- Raise your awareness with advice and resources regarding future legislative developments.
- You will be able to make use of specimen documents including the recommended schedule of tests in the workplace.
Benefits for your Organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with legal and statutory requirements.
- You are taking proactive steps to manage your claims history by reducing the likelihood of industrial injury claims.
- You are meeting the requirements of the governments Central Procurement Directorate, ensuring your eligibility to tender and undertake Public Sector Work.
- Establish an effective maintenance routine improving safe use of building for staff and visitors.
- Create an opportunity for business development improving customer service levels.
- Protect your business reputation, assets and investment.
On this 1 day course, you will study -:
- How to determine the need and categories of systems
- Use of BS 5266 Emergency Lighting and BS 5839 Fire Detection
- Specification, design considerations and components
- Integrity, supply, and maintenance of systems
- Inspection and periodic testing
- Installation, commissioning and certification
- Completion of specimen forms
Our price of £125 includes all of the following -:
- A full day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one to one advice sessions
- A comprehensive set of notes with tips and advice for use in the workplace
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- An ETT Course Certificate providing an overview of topics studied
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking
“A day well spent at ETT, both subjects were covered in an easy to follow step by step way. I feel the course has equipped me with improved knowledge and confidence to carry out this type of work.”
David Stone, Belfast
We would all like to know the answer to the question “What next”? So we have made it easy for you by providing you with a few bright course ideas that might just help you get that promotion, keep that job, launch a new service or win that contract.
“Qualifications and training always favours those with a greater opportunity for success when it comes to tendering, productivity and profitability”.
Please feel free to contact us for further advice and guidance into “What next” training. We will provide you with sound and reliable advice that you can depend on.