Who is this course for?
This course is designed for 3rd/4th year apprentices, those who have recently qualified and established electricians who want to achieve a better understanding of how to complete an electrical estimate with an eye towards submitting the lowest possible bid while retaining maximum profit. This course is also suitable for those who are seeking an alternative to working on the tools or have a need to improve their current estimating techniques and procedures.
Is this the right course for me?
We always provide leading industry experts to deliver our training. You can be sure that you will leave the course with a sound introduction to preparing an electrical estimate. You will learn the important outline and foundational skills on how to structure and prepare an estimate using the traditional take off system.
Benefits for you
- You will acquire a new and specialist skills, helping to improve your current employment prospects
- Investment in specialist training and knowledge will provide you with a valued and transferable skill. Another string to your bow.
- The course may help you embark on a new career path where you could expect to increase your earnings benefits.
Benefits for your Organisation
- Improve your pre-qualification to tender document.
- Develop and improve current systems and processes for tendering.
- Improve controls for material, labour costs, using flow diagrams as a way of monitoring and measuring.
- Reduce/eliminate waste
- Reduce over ordering, reduce/eliminate waste and make better use of stock.
- Develop an in-house estimating capability removing reliance on 3rd parties
- Take your business to the next level.
On this 1 day practical, hands on workshop, you will study -:
- How to get on the tender list
- Hands on practice on tender drawings and documents
- Measurement of electrical installations to scale
- Accuracy in counting
- Making use of RFI
- True cost of tender
- Profit & Loss
- Use of flowsheets
Our price of £225 includes all of the following -:
- A full day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one to one advice sessions with all necessary materials provided.
- A comprehensive set of notes to take away with worked examples. Guidance on man hours, resources on how to obtain tender opportunities and guidance on competing pre-qualification to tender bids.
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- An ETT Course Certificate providing an overview of topics studied
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking
"The Estimating course expands your knowledge, you can push forward and progress within your company; it’s good to let your company see that you are doing something productive and that you want to improve. It would be helpful too if I ever wanted to go out on my own. The course was very good, the lecturer knew what he was saying; very knowledgeable and that made it easy to understand. I thought the price was good value for money, as soon as the offer came through on the email I booked the course." Michael Malone, 4th Year ETT Apprentice.
"The price was really good and the way the email described the course, it convinced me it was something I wanted to do. I paid for the course myself; my boss was really happy I did it, he thinks it’s good for an apprentice to show initiative and make the effort to get more training and qualifications than the basic NVQ, which every apprentice gets. He’s even offered me some more experience in the office and working with the estimators to see what I think of the job. The Estimating course was first class, Derek was really helpful; he answered all of my questions and described things in a way that was easy to understand. It was held in really good facilities too." Adrian Hughes, 3rd Year ETT Apprentice.
We would all like to know the answer to the question “What next?” So we have made it easy for you by providing you with a few bright course ideas that might just help you get that promotion, keep that job, launch a new service, or win that contract.
“Qualifications and training always favours those with a greater opportunity for success when it comes to tendering, productivity and profitability”.
Please feel free to contact us for further advice and guidance into “What next” training. We will provide you with sound and reliable advice that you can depend on.