Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people in the Construction, Motor Vehicle and Engineering Industries who work with abrasive wheels. This includes plumbers, electricians, fitters, as well as general maintenance workers.
Is this the right course for me?
We always provide leading industry experts to deliver our training. You can be sure that you will leave the course with a significant improvement in your ability to safely use abrasive wheel equipment. We will also provide you with practical tips and techniques to help protect yourself, others and valuable property.
Benefits for you
- Develop the necessary skills to enable the identification of risks in the workplace.
- Put in place safe systems of work, getting the best performance from plant and equipment.
- Demonstrate to others that you are taking steps to meet the requirements under the Health and Safety at Work NI Order 1978 regarding your own duty of care.
- Significantly improve your knowledge and understanding of the regulation governing the use of abrasive wheel equipment.
Benefits for your Organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with legal and statutory requirements including the Health and Safety at Work NI Order 1978 and the Provision and Use of the Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998.
- You are taking proactive steps to manage and protect your claims history by reducing the likelihood of industrial injury claims.
- Strengthen your position when renewing your employers and public liability insurance.
- Allows you to put in place safe systems of work, ensuring you get the best performance from plant and equipment.
- You are gathering evidence to satisfy the requirements of 3rd party accreditation bodies such as ISO, IIP, Constructionline, Safe-T-Cert and other equivalent organisations.
This practical ½ day course includes tutorials, discussions and facilitated workshop sessions. You will study:
- The legal requirements of the Provision and Use of the Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998 as well as other relevant legislation.
- Features of abrasive wheels
- How to protect yourself and others
- How to operate an abrasive wheel safely
- Maintenance of abrasive wheels
- How to get the best results
Our price of £75 provides you with -:
- A half day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one to one advice sessions.
- A comprehensive set of notes with tips and practical advice to implement in the workplace
- An ETT Course Certificate providing an overview of topics studied
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking
Click here to book your place on the Abrasive Wheels course
“It is a legal requirement under The Provision and use of Work Equipment 1998 (PUWER) that all staff who use abrasive wheels receive abrasive wheels training in the safe use of the tools and changing of wheels”
ETT H&S Specialist