Who is this course for?
This course is for employers who care about their workers and individuals who care about their own personal health.
The two key pieces of legislation are:
- The Control of Asbestos Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2007
- The Hazardous Waste Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2005
The law is profound in this matter and requires employers to protect their workers from exposure to asbestos. This is a non-negotiable requirement and an imperative obligation upon the industry.
Is this the right course for me?
If you employ anyone either directly or by sub-contract arrangements you have a duty to ensure that they are provided with information, instruction, training and supervision for their health and safety. This course will help you meet your obligations as an employer or user of building services workers.
Benefits for you
- Help identify asbestos hazards
- Explains what asbestos is and its affects
- Provides you with evidence of being "job-ready"
- Improvesyour health and safety knowledge
Benefits for your organisation
- You can help prevent people dying from asbestosis
- Help towards fulfilling your duty of care obligations
- Working towards compliance with the legislation
- Demonstrating care for your workforce
This is a very memorable and challenging half day course. You will be provided with a concise presentation and highly instructive insight into the problem that humans have with asbestos. You will learn how to identify the presence of asbestos and what to do about it.
This free asbestos awareness workwshop includes -
- Half day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one-to-one advice sessions
- A comprehensive set of notes with tips and practical advice to implement in the workplace
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking
Asbestos in construction