Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who would like to achieve 'appointed person' status within their workplace and have reasonable capability to take charge in a situation when an accident involving injury or illness occurs in the absence of a certificated First Aider. This course is ideal for smaller, low risk companies that only need basic First Aid cover.
Is this the right course for me?
You can be sure that you will leave the course with a significant improvement in your first aid knowledge and awareness. You will also have the confidence to deal appropriately with first aid emergencies in the absence of a fully qualified First Aider
Benefits for you
- Learn a vital skill that may save someone’s life or prevent a more serious injury or illness
- Develop your ability to help colleagues and others outside your working environment
- Have the confidence to deal effectively with first aid emergencies
Benefits for your organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with legal and statutory requirements under the Health & Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982
- You will have trained, competent staff who can assist colleagues, customers and visitors in the event of first aid emergencies
- Effective first aid cover can reduce lost working days through work related injuries, as well as reducing injury costs
- Demonstrates your commitment to the welfare of employees and also to the well being of your whole team
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is an abbreviated First Aid course that still covers most of the important situations and injuries including -
- First Aid Essentials
- Techniques, Equipment & Hygiene
- Lifesaving Procedures
- Respiratory Disorders
- Heart & Circulatory Disorders
- Wounds & Bleeding
- Bone, Joint & Muscle Injuries
- Nervous System Disorders
- Environmental Injuries
- Foreign Objects
- Poisoning, Bites & Stings
- Medical Problems
Our price of £85 includes the following:-
- A full day of expert tuition with an approved First Aid instructor including the opportunity for one to one advice.
- A comprehensive set of notes with useful tips and advice for use within the workplace
- First Aid Manual / A Guide to Workplace Health & Safety / Roller bandage / Triangular bandage / Resuscitation Shield.
- A Course Certificate providing an overview of topics studied.
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Lunch – deli sandwiched and a fruit selection
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking