Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who would like to become qualified in administering First Aid treatment in emergency situations, as well as those wanting to become Certified First Aiders as recognised by the Health and Safety Executives Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.
Is this the right course for me?
We always provide leading industry experts to deliver our training. You can be sure that you will leave the course with the practical skills, confidence and knowledge to deal appropriately with first aid emergencies both inside and outside of the workplace.
Benefits for you
- As a registered first aider, you will have a fully portable three-year certificate to support your competence.
- Learn a vital skill that may save someone’s life or prevent a more serious injury or illness
- Develop your ability to help colleagues and others outside your working environment
- Have the confidence to deal effectively with first aid emergencies
Benefits for your organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with legal and statutory requirements under the Health & Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982
- You will have trained, competent staff who can assist colleagues, customers and visitors in the event of first aid emergencies
- Effective first aid cover can reduce lost working days through work related injuries, as well as reducing injury costs
- Demonstrates your commitment to the welfare of employees and also to the well being of your whole team
We will make use of a wide variety of scenarios and practical work to help engage and inform you on this four day course. We will provide you with training on the following areas -:
- General principles of First Aid, Approved Code of Practice
- The importance of personal safety
- Management of an incident
- The use of the recovery position
- The use of CPR covering proper technique, outcomes and consequences
- The assessment of bleeding, burns and broken bones
- Treatment priorities for victims of choking, seizures, diabetes, anaphylaxis, asthma, chest pains and a wide range of other aliments from sprained ankles to head injuries
- Handling and transport of injured
- Record keeping and use of equipment
The above list is by no means exhaustive but illustrates the wide range of the subject matter covered by our experienced instructor.
On the final day of the course, you will complete a written and practical assessment. Upon successful completion, you will receive certification to allow you to practise for three years after which you will be required to undertake a re-qualification course.
Our price of £220 includes the following :-
- 3 days of expert tuition with an approved First Aid instructor including the opportunity for one to one advice sessions
- A comprehensive set of notes, personal First Aid guide & First Aid resource materials
- Cost of both theory test and practical assessment
- A Course Certificate providing an overview of topics studied
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking