Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who move or handles goods and objects in the workplace such as stationary, plant and equipment and construction materials. This course is suitable for a wide variety of people including construction operatives, warehouse and office workers.
Is this the right course for me?
We always provide leading industry experts to deliver our training. You can be sure that you will leave the course with improved awareness, knowledge and practical skills, helping you to evaluate manual handling risks in the workplace. This will enable you to eliminate or reduce the risk of back and/or neck injuries in the workplace.
Benefits for you
- Develop the necessary skills to enable the identification of risks in the workplace, preventing the likelihood of developing back and/or neck injuries.
- Put in place practical measures aimed at eliminating or reducing the risk of aggravating existing back and/or neck problems.
- Demonstrate to others that you are taking steps to meet the requirements under the Health and Safety at Work NI Order regarding your own duty of care.
- Reduce the likelihood of workplace injury leading to loss of income by adopting correct manual handling techniques.
Benefits for your organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with legal and statutory requirements under the Health and Safety at Work NI Order 1978 and the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- You are taking proactive steps to manage your claims history by reducing the likelihood of industrial injury claims.
- Strengthen your position when renewing your employers and public liability insurance.
- You are gathering evidence to satisfy the requirements of 3rd party accreditation bodies such as ISO, IIP, Constructionline, Safe-T-Cert and other equivalent organisations.
This is a highly practical and interactive ½ day course where you will study -:
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work NI Order (1978) and the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- The causes and importance of back injury prevention strategies.
- The effects of manual handling on the body.
- Understand the importance of and be able to assist in carrying out risk assessment.
Our price of £75 includes the following -:
- A half day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one to one advice sessions.
- A comprehensive set of notes with tips and practical advice to implement in the workplace
- An ETT Course Certificate providing an overview of topics studied
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking
“Back injuries, neck and other pains brought about in the work place lead to a loss of productivity, sick pay and increasingly claims for compensation. Employers must protect their workers and their business interest by ensuring that people know and practice safe manual handling techniques”
ETT H&S Specialist