Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people in the Construction, Motor Vehicle and Engineering industries as well as others who would work with abrasive wheels. This can include plumbers, electricians and fitters as well as general maintenance workers. The manual handling element of the course is suitable for a range of individuals from construction operatives to warehouse and office workers who move or handle goods and objects in the workplace such as stationary, plant and equipment and construction materials.
Is this the right course for me?
You can be sure that you will leave the course with a significant improvement in your ability to safely use abrasive wheel equipment. We will also provide you with practical tips and techniques to help protect yourself, others and valuable property. You will also gain an improved awareness, knowledge and practical skills helping you to evaluate manual handling risks in the workplace. This will enable you to eliminate or reduce the risk of back and/or neck injuries in the workplace.
Benefits for You
- Develop the necessary skills to identify risks in the workplace
- Put in place safe systems of work, getting the best performance from plant and equipment
- Significantly improve your knowledge and understanding of the regulation governing the use of abrasive wheel equipment
- Develop the necessary skills to enable the identification of risks in the workplace, preventing the likelihood of developing back and/or neck injuries
- Reduce the likelihood of workplace injury leading to loss of income by adopting correct manual handling techniques
Benefits for your Organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with the Health and Safety at Work NI Order 1978, the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 and the Provision and Use of the Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998
- You are taking proactive steps to manage and protect your claims history by reducing the likelihood of industrial industry claims
- Allows you to put in place safe systems of work, ensuring you get the best performance from plant and equipment
- Strengthen your position when renewing your employers and public liability insurance
- You are gathering evidence to satisfy the requirements of 3rd party accreditation bodies such as ISO, IIP, Constructionline, Safe-T-Cert and other equivalent organisations
This is a highly practical and interactive course where you will study:
- Responsibilities and legal requirements under the Health and Safety at Work NI Order 1978, the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 and the Provision and Use of the Work Equipment Regulations
- Features of abrasive wheels and how to operate them safely
- How to protect yourself and others
- Maintenance of abrasive wheels
- The causes and importance of back injury prevention strategies and the effects of manual handling on the body
- Understand the importance of and be able to assist in carrying out a risk assessment
Our price of £125 includes:
- A full day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one-to-one advice sessions
- A comprehensive set of take-home notes with tips and advice for implementation in the workplace
- An ETT Course Certificate as proof of your accomplishment and safety awareness
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking