Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those people providing a service to petrol fillings stations. This includes the franchisee, franchisor, public authorities, as well as apprentice electricians and qualified electricians at all grades.
Is this the right course for me?
We always provide leading industry experts to deliver our training. You can be sure that you will leave the course with a significant improvement in your understanding of the regulations, as well as an improved awareness of the hazards associated with electricity in petrol forecourts, the selection of apparatus and the safe use of systems around petrol chemical fluids.
Benefits for you
- Gain specialist knowledge of the EAW directive and the Blue Book (Design, construction, modification, maintenance and demonstrating of filling stations)
- Enhance your technical knowledge in this specialised area, helping to improve your current employment prospects, prepare you for promotion and increase your opportunity for success in that next job.
- Equip yourself to deal with current legislation.
- Learn how to provide advice and guidance to clients regarding new or existing systems.
Benefits for your Organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with legal and statutory requirements
- You are taking proactive steps to manage your claims history by reducing the likelihood of industrial injury claims.
- Assist in your relicensing from the petrol supplier and local authorities.
- Establish an effective maintenance routine improving safe use of building for staff and visitors.
- Create an opportunity for business development providing advice and guidance on complying with regulations.
- Inform public authorities about their role and responsibilities in approving licensing, planning and decommissioning of Petrol Filling Stations.
On this 1 day course, you will study -:
- Legal requirements
- Hazardous characteristics of petrol
- Hazardous area classification
- Selection of electrical apparatus
- Introduction to Institute of Petroleum Code
- Electrical Installations
- Inspection & Testing
- Documentation and reporting
Our price of £125 includes all of the following -:
- A full day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one to one advice sessions.
- A comprehensive set of notes with relevant case studies and up to date information.
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- An ETT Course Certificate providing an overview of topics studied
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking
“I think that this was a smart investment. This sort of work is niche and specialist; the course provided me with a lot of useful tips and an insight into the use of the blue book”
Gordon Watt, Dungannon