Who is this course for?
This course is designed to provide people with the knowledge and skills to carry out inspection and testing of in-service equipment, determining whether electrical equipment is safe for continued service or if maintenance or replacement is necessary.
Is this the right course for me?
We always provide leading industry experts to deliver our training, giving you the very best possible opportunity for success in achieving the 2377-12 qualification. You can be sure that you will leave the course the essential knowledge and skills you need to prove your competency to carry out portable appliance testing.
- Gain an industry recognised qualification that keeps your technical qualifications relevant and up to date.
- Develop a specialist skill which sets you apart from other employees.
- Enhance your technical skills and knowledge, helping to improve your current employment prospects, prepare you for promotion and increase your opportunity for success in that next job.
Benefits for your organisation
- You are taking steps to comply with legal and statutory requirements including the Health & Safety at Work NI Order 1978, the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1998 and the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Provide a more valuable customer service for your clients and improved revenue stream.
- Maintain your eligibility for local and public authority tender lists.
This one day course involves both a theory and practical element. We will take you through the practical testing and formal recording processes, as well as preparing you for the online test. You will study the following -:
- The IEE Code of Practice, 3rd Edition
- Equipment Construction and classification
- Inspection and testing requirements
- Use of portable appliance testers
- Frequency of inspection/testing
- Documentation and record keeping
- Competence and training requirement
You will be assessed via an online multiple choice test. This is an open book test comprising of 30 questions lasting a maximum of 60 minutes. To allow you to benefit from a full day of training and give you sufficient time for revision, we will schedule the test approximately 4 weeks following the course.
It is essential that you purchase a copy of the
IEE Code of Practice for the Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment – 3rd Edition
before the course as it provides important pre-course reading and is reference throughout the multiple-choice C & G online test
This exclusive trade show offer includes -
- A full day of expert tuition including the opportunity for one to one advice sessions
- A comprehensive set of notes with tips and advice to help prepare you for the City & Guilds online exam
- City & Guilds registration and exam fees
- An ETT Course Certificate providing an overview of topics studied
- Use of the ETT break out area with a selection of daily newspapers and Sky News
- Lunch – deli sandwiches and a fruit selection
- Choice of teas, coffee and filtered water
- Free Carparking