On 24th January 2022 the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) announced the release of Amendment 2 (BS 7671:2018+A2:2022) of the wiring regulations, which will come into effect on 28 March 2022.
On the 23rd April we will be delivering our first C&G 2382-22 2nd amendment course. The 2 day course is delivered live online, over two consecutive weeks. Upon successful completion of the online multiple choice exam, candidates will gain the C&G Level 3 qualification. As an introductory offer, the first course will be reduced to just £300, when you book and pay online [usual price £425, can not be used in conjunction with any other offers].
The IET have announced that the significant changes for BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 will include:
- A new requirement for Arc Fault Detection Devices (AFDDs) in some AC final circuits for installations in some types of higher risk residential buildings.
- The requirement for the fire safety design of buildings to be documented where specific conditions of external influence exist, such as protected escape routes and locations with risk of fire.
- Method for determining the requirement to provide overvoltage protection.
- Changes to identification, labels and notices, such as for consumer units, affecting how safety information is provided to the user of the electrical installation.
- A Chapter on Prosumer’s Low Voltage Electrical Installations, in a new part, Part 8.
Dan Palmer, Associate Director of Committees at BSI, commented, “BS 7671 is one of the UK’s most important standards, providing authoritative requirements to promote electrical safety. The changes introduced in this new amendment will help electrical professionals keep up to date with new and innovative technologies, as well as ensuring they have current knowledge about designing safe installations.”
Book your place on our first amendment 2 course in April via this link . Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter or follow us on social media to be kept up to date with any further information about the launch of new courses and offers.