ETT’s one-day safety awareness course is ideal for those carrying out meter reading duties, maintenance work and other essential work in the vicinity of a High Voltage (HV) supply. The course is designed to provide attendees with an introduction to HV safety awareness.
ETT will help you get to grips with procedures and essential paperwork, including permit to work, risk assessment and method statements. The training will conclude with an assessment of learning, to ensure that an increased understanding and awareness of HV safety is achieved and verified.
“The course covers the safety requirements for working in the vicinity of HV electrical equipment, it highlights electrical hazards and the precautions necessary to avoid danger.”
- Control and issue of electrical safety documents
- Syndicate exercise
- HV systems and HV switching
- Network drawings
- Switching programmes in detail (ESP6)
- Safe isolation of HV motors, generators etc.
- Exercises including preparation of switching programmes and completion of permits
- Earthing of HV electrical equipment (ESP7)
- Training, competency and assessment of electrical personnel (as applicable to HV)
- Incidents and incident reporting
- Written assessment paper
To book your place, telephone 0044 (0)28 2565 0750, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://bit.ly/2Bl2PCy