Published on 11th May 2023
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and BSI, announce the release of a Corrigendum to BS 7671:2018+A2:2022.
The Corrigendum will make changes to five areas of BS 7671 and will come into effect immediately when published on Monday 15 May 2023. It will be available for free to download from the IET and BSI.
Areas of change include:
- Regulation 422.2 has been amended to clarify the scope of the provision.
- Indent (ii) of Regulation 443.4.1 has been removed. The term safety service, formerly included in Regulation 443.4.1 (ii), encompassed a wide range of systems. The provision, therefore, had unintended consequences for improvements to fire safety systems within installations.
- Table 443.2 and the Note to Regulation 5220.127.116.11 have been amended to remove examples of equipment.
- Regulation 701.1 has been amended to remove the reference to birthing pools.
- A new Regulation, 710.422.2.201, has been included in order to modify requirements in Regulation group 422.2 for protected escape routes in healthcare facilities.
For more information on the Corrigendum, please visit: www.theiet.org/updates