ETT is delighted to announce the planned visit from guest lecturer and industry champion David Watts aka “SparkyNija,” to deliver an 18th Edition course. David is an electrical trainer, consultant, inspector, thermographer, a founding member of the e5 group and owner of the renowned Sparky Ninja electricians forum and YouTube channel. David aims to bring non-biased views on industry news and developments, along with more in-depth training and development opportunities to improve electrical standards and return the skill levels of competency to the industry. If you haven’t yet updated to the 18th Edition, this is a course is not to be missed!
The course will be delivered over three consecutive days, with the aim of preparing candidates for success in the achievement of a C&G accredited award.
The following key topics currently covered in the 17th Edition course will still be included in the 18th Edition:
- Scope, object, and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
The following main changes will also be included
- Protection against over-voltages – Clause 443 is likely to be overhauled.
- Protection against fire – Chapter 42 will be updated with extra information on arc fault detection
- Electrical Embedded heating – Section 753 will be extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating and will include de-icing and frost prevention systems.
- Energy efficiency – There will be a brand new section covering energy efficiency
Exams and Assessments
To allow time for study, the exam and assessment will be scheduled to take place approximately three weeks after you attend the course. The dates for the online exam will be confirmed with you on the day of the course.
- Online multiple choice exam 2hr (open book). Please note your first attempt at the exam is included in the price of this course. Any subsequent resits will incur a fee of £65.
City & Guilds state that
“any IET wiring regulations books taken into exams cannot contain the following:
- Sample exam questions, answers or diagrams
- Any writing in the regulations or accompanying written notes
- Notes, diagrams or any content that may in anyway advantage the candidate in answering questions within the exam.
It is the responsibility of the centre (ETT) to ensure the material in the candidate’s resources cannot unfairly advantage candidates in any way. If there is any doubt over the suitability of content the
publication should not be used and replaced with ‘clean’ regulations.” To remove any uncertainty or additional stress to candidates during exams by having to check each page of their book and possibly confoscate their books. ETT provide candidates with a clean book containing post- it notes that highlight the key parts within the regulations.
Terms and Conditions
We understand that it may be necessary for you to cancel your course booking. If you do cancel, we will refund your payment in accordance with the policy as set out below.
You must provide us with notice of cancellation by email to email@example.com. Failure to do so will mean your cancellation will not be processed, and any money owed may be lost. If you provide us with notice of cancellation 28 days before the date of the course, we will refund you with 100% of your payment, minus any non-refundable deposit. We will be unable to provide you with a refund where notice of cancellation is received after this period. Where payment has not already been received, you will be invoiced for the amount owed.
We do our best to run all scheduled courses. However, from time to time it may be necessary to cancel or postpone courses due to circumstances beyond our control. If this should happen, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you in good time. We will also refund 100% of your payment.