Who is this course for?
This programme is suitable for those who have at least 5 – 7 years’ (relevant and current) experience working in the electrical industry but never completed an apprenticeship or the NVQ Level 3. This programme recognises existing industry experience and takes into account the work candidates have been carrying out to date.
Is this the right course for me?
Typically candidates will have completed the relevant electrotechnical theory training, be able to demonstrate the application of technical knowledge that meets the scope of the qualification and have worked within the industry for several years.
Candidates must be able to provide sufficient evidence from site and by witness testimony of previous work to fully meet the qualification specification in the required pathway. This programme is not suitable for new entrants to the electrotechnical industry, apprentices or other trainees who require any training.
Prior to enrolling onto this programme all applicants must be able to demonstrate their existing Technical Knowledge to the industry standards at Level 3 and in line with the current IET Wiring Regulations.
• provide written and verbal evidence, which can be independently verified, to an assessor at a professional interview, which fully meets the requirements of this assessment
• complete the industry independent assessment of occupational competence, the AM2, as provided by industry assessment charity National Electrotechnical Training
• provide current evidence from site to demonstrate full compliance with the performance that is required, as set out in the qualifications specification in a site visit/s, where the assessor has viewed you at work and has been provided with verifiable witness testimonies
The process commences with a free confidential telephone assessment. Applicants who wish to progress, will then be provided with a bespoke training programme. This typically involves group learning and individual workplace assessment delivered at a suitable pace.
The cost of the course will vary depending on which elements need to be completed. If you have already achieved one of the component parts below, then you will not have to complete it as part of the programme.
- NVQ E-Portfolio £2,195
- Combined Inspection and Testing (if not already achieved)
- 18th Edition (if not already achieved)
- AM2 (if not already achieved)
An initial payment of £350 will be required before the first class commences. This payment covers the awarding body registration and NVQ E-Portfolio licence fee. Following this, a £300 payment will be required at each of the four classes. We are happy to set up a personal payment plan to cover any remaining balance owed.
Terms and Conditions
We understand that it may be necessary for you to cancel your course booking. If you do cancel, we will refund your payment in accordance with the policy as set out below.