Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for practicing electricians who want to gain an accredited qualification to bring themselves up to date with the latest Wiring Requirements. Achievement of an accredited qualification covering British Standard BS: 7671 will also be extremely useful to other allied trades and professionals such as Contracts Managers, Electrical Engineers, Asset and FM Managers.
Candidates with current knowledge or interest in electrical installation work are most likely to benefit from attending this particular course. All candidates must be aged 16 years old and over.
The course will be delivered over three consecutive days, with the aim of preparing candidates for success in the achievement of a C&G accredited award (Please note the course duration is subject to change based on the final publication).
Please note the course overview provided below is a draft. The final course content will be confirmed around July 2018 following its release from the awarding body. We will provide candidates with an update of the overview as soon as it becomes available. The following key topics currently covered in the 17th Edition course will still be included in the 18th Edition:
- Scope, object, and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
It is expected that the following main changes will also be included in the new 18th Edition course:
- Protection against over-voltages – Clause 443 is likely to be overhauled.
- Protection against fire – Chapter 42 will be updated with extra information on arc fault detection
- Electrical Embedded heating – Section 753 will be extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating and will include de-icing and frost prevention systems.
- Energy efficiency – There will be a brand new section covering energy efficiency
Please note the course duration and content is subject to change based on the final publication
Exams and Assessments
To allow time for study, the exam and assessment will be scheduled to take place approximately three weeks after you attend the course. The dates for the online exam will be confirmed with you on the day of the course.
- Online multiple choice exam 2hr (open book). Please note your first attempt at the exam is included in the price of this course. Any subsequent resits will incur a fee of £65.
Terms and Conditions
We understand that it may be necessary for you to cancel your course booking. If you do cancel, we will refund your payment in accordance with the policy as set out below.