Who is this course for
This course is intended for experienced electricians and installers who are looking to enhance their current skillset to allow them to install domestic, commercial and ‘on street’ vehicle charging points. This course covers all the key skills to install, fault find and inspect and test electric vehicle charging points. This course covers both domestic and commercial installations. In order to register for the qualification you must be
- At least 18 years old
- Provide ETT with certified evidence of a BS7671 18th edition wiring requirements qualification
- Provide ETT with certified evidence of an Inspection and testing qualification
This course is accredited by EAL and allows installers to register as a OLEV-approved chargepoint installer. EAL is another awarding body – similar to City & Guilds (C&G). The qualifications offered by EAL are exactly the same as the C & G qualifications. Both awarding body qualifications meet the same standards and are subject to the same internal and external quality assurance processes.
You will be taught how to design, specify, install, fault find, test and inspect electric vehicle charging points both for the commercial and domestic sector. This includes the “on street” points that you may have seen in many town centres.
- Introduction to Electric Vehicles – Electric Vehicle types, Characteristics, Charging requirements, Safety considerations
- Overview of Electric Vehicle charging – Modes of charging and requirements, restrictions
- Electrical Installation Requirements – Supply, Earthing, Planning permission, Explosive atmospheres, Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment
- Installation – Practical domestic and commercial installation
- Inspection, Test and Certification – Commissioning and DNO paperwork
- System Test, Fault Finding and Examination – Includes both a practical and written assessments
Following completion of the 1 day online course, you will be required to attend the ETT exam centre [date will be provided at the beginning of your course] to complete an online multiple choice exam.
Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course. Your first attempt at the exam is included in the price of this course. Any subsequent resits will incur a fee of £75.
IN accordance with awarding body rules, ETT provide candidates with a clean book for use during the exam. You are not permitted to bring your own book into the exam centre.
You will need the following books for this course: