Who Should Attend?
Poor workplace manual handling techniques are likely to affect everyone. Injury, incapacity and insurance claims linked to back and neck problems, are abound in the administrative and production areas of most occupational sectors. This half day course is suitable for managers, supervisors and staff who are involved in the assessment, removal or reduction of risk from manual handling operations.
What Will I Learn?
This is a highly practical and interactive ½ day course. Throughout the course, attendees will get the opportunity for hands on practical exercises linked to safe movement and storage of materials , and manual handling techniques.
During the course attendees will learn about
- Legislation (Health & Safety at Work NI Order (1978) and the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992)
- Responsibilities as detailed in the legislation
- The causes and importance of back injury prevention strategies
- Safe movement and storage of materials
- Manual handling techniques
- The effects of manual handling on the body
- The importance of and being able to assist in carrying out risk assessments
Exams and Assessments
The course has no formal exams or assessments. However, the lecturer will continually assess attendees’ knowledge and safe working practices throughout the course.
Terms and Conditions
We understand that it may be necessary for you to cancel your course booking. If you do cancel, we will refund your payment in accordance with the policy as set out below.