Who Should Attend?
A qualification covering Inservice Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment is a useful add-on to anyone with suitable experience and knowledge of electrical systems. An accredited PAT qualification means that electrical contractors and individual workers, are more likely to win new business and employment opportunities.
What Will I Learn?
The course content is designed to help you understand, interpret and apply the Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. To achieve this, we make use of the latest edition of the IET ACOP publication. We will also provide hands on practical training using approved and calibrated instruments.
- The Code of Practice
- Class and type of equipment
- Inspection & testing, documentation
- Exam preparation
Exams and Assessments
To allow time for study, the exam & assessment will be scheduled to take place approximately 3 weeks after you attend the course. Dates will be confirmed with you on the day of the course.
- Online multiple choice exam, 40 questions, 1 hour 45 minutes (open book). Please note your first attempt at the exam is included in the price of this course. Any subsequent resits will incur a fee of £65.
- Practical assessment 1 hour. Please note your first attempt at the practical is included in the price of this course. Any subsequent resits will incur a fee of £90.
Please note: Awarding Bodies allow the examination centre to make their own choice on the exam book policy. ETT adopts a clean book policy for all online examinations. This means that candidates cannot bring their own books into the exam room, ETT will provide all candidates with a clean book for the duration of their exam.
- IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 4th Edition ISBN 9781849196260ET
Terms and Conditions
We understand that it may be necessary for you to cancel your course booking. If you do cancel, we will refund your payment in accordance with the policy as set out below.