Who Should Attend?
A qualification covering Inservice Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment is a useful add-on to anyone with suitable experience and knowledge of electrical systems. An accredited PAT qualification means that electrical contractors and individual workers, are more likely to win new business and employment opportunities.
What Will I Learn?
The course content is designed to help you understand, interpret and apply the Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. To achieve this, we make use of the latest edition of the IET ACOP publication. We will also provide hands on practical training using approved and calibrated instruments.
- The Code of Practice
- Class and type of equipment
- Inspection & testing, documentation
- Exam preparation
Exams and Assessments
To allow time for study, the exam & assessment will be scheduled to take place approximately 3 weeks after you attend the course. Dates will be confirmed with you on the day of the course.
- Online multiple choice exam, 40 questions, 1 hour 45 minutes (open book). Please note your first attempt at the exam is included in the price of this course. Any subsequent resits will incur a fee of £65.
- Practical assessment 1 hour. Please note your first attempt at the practical is included in the price of this course. Any subsequent resits will incur a fee of £90.
- IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 4th Edition ISBN 9781849196260ET
Terms and Conditions
We understand that it may be necessary for you to cancel your course booking. If you do cancel, we will refund your payment in accordance with the policy as set out below.
You must provide us with notice of cancellation by email to email@example.com. Failure to do so will mean your cancellation will not be processed, and any money owed may be lost. If you provide us with notice of cancellation 28 days before the date of the course, we will refund you 100% of your payment, minus any non-refundable deposit. If you provide us with notice of cancellation between 14 and 28 days before the date of the course, we will refund you 50% of your payment, minus any non-refundable deposit.
We will be unable to provide you with a refund where notice of cancellation is received within 1-14 days before the course date. Where payment has not already been received, you will be invoiced for the amount owed.
We do our best to run all scheduled courses. However, from time to time it may be necessary to cancel or postpone courses due to circumstances beyond our control. If this should happen, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you in good time. We will also refund 100% of your payment.