C&G 2396 Level 4 Award in the Design & Verification of Electrical Installations
If you are an experienced electrician, responsible for design specification, installation, inspection and testing of electrical installations, this could be the course for you.Face-to-Face
This course is an advanced course that offers in-depth theoretical training in electrical design and cable calculations. It offers anyone with an existing testing qualification the opportunity to enhance their knowledge, allowing for greater potential career development particularly in electrical supervision and design.
- Relationship with statutory and non-statutory documents
- Information required to create a design specification
- Determining maximum demand and diversity
- Correct coordination
- Selection of cables for current carrying capacity and voltage drop
- Earth fault loop impedance values
- Withstand energy of cables and let through energy of protective devices
- The use of the adiabatic equations for earth fault and thermal constraints
- Use of logarithmic tables
- Exam questions
- Overview of the project
- Guidance Note 1: Selection & Erection, 9th Edition ISBN-13: 978-1-83953-230-6
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 9th Edition ISBN-13: 978-1-83953-236-8
- On-Site Guide (BS 7671:2018+A2:2022), 8th Edition ISBN-13: 978-1-83953-227-6
- Requirements for Electrical Installations, IET Wiring Regulations, Eighteenth Edition, BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 (brown) ISBN-13: 978-1-83953-218-4
- Electrical Installation Design Guide: Calculations for Electricians and Designers, 5th Edition ISBN-13: 978-1-83953-257-3
All candidates must be over 18 years of age, City and Guilds do not set entry requirements, however knowledge of BS 7671 and inspection and testing is essential in order to assure the understanding of design and achieving the qualification.
What you get
- A City & Guilds Level 4 certificate
- A clearer understanding of BS 7671, particularly the design of electrical systems
- An Understanding of the relationship between cable resistances and length of cables
- A more in-depth insight into voltage drop
Exams and Assessments
3 hour open book written exam
Please note your first attempt at the exam is included in the price of this course. Any subsequent resits will incur a fee of £95. The exam dates are set by City & Guilds. The exams are held in the evening at 6.30pm and are open book, lasting for 3 hours. Photographic ID is required to allow you to access the exam centre.
40 hour Assignment
Submission dates are final, no extensions are available. The assignment must be submitted in hard copy to the ETT office. If you fail any section of the assignment, it will be returned to you with feedback. You will be asked to amend the assignment and then send back to ETT for re-marking. Please note an additional marking fee will be incurred of £150 for remarking.
If you have an enquiry regarding this course, please contact us using the form below.
"*" indicates required fields