This qualification is for those wishing to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in the design, installation and commissioning of Electrical Energy Storage Systems. The qualification has been designed in conjunction with the latest IET Code of Practice and is recognised by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
Who is this course for
This qualification is aimed at practising electricians, electrical technicians and engineers with experience of electrical installations, and associated inspection and testing. Applicants should be working within the electrical industry and ideally hold a formal level 3 electrical qualification and must hold a current BS7671 qualification.
Over the two days training and assessment you will
- know the key requirements for installation of electrical energy storage systems
- know and identify equipment, arrangements and operating modes of electrical energy storage systems
- understand the preparation of design and installation of electrical energy storage systems
- be able to prepare for the installation of electrical energy storage systems
- be able to install electrical energy storage systems
- understand requirements for initial verification and handover of electrical energy storage systems
- be able to conduct initial verification and handover of electrical energy storage systems
This 2-day course is a structured training and assessment package with both theory and practical training and assessment included in the 2 days
On attendance of the course you need the following:
- IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems
- BS 7671 18th Edition
- IET Guidance Note 3
- IET Onsite Guide
Exams and Assessments
Day 2 for the exam and practical assessment will be confirmed with you on the first day of the course. It usually takes place approximately 2 – 3 weeks after your course allowing time for home study.
- Online multiple choice exam
- Practical assessment
Please note your first attempt at the exam and assessment is included in the price of this course. Any subsequent resits will incur a fee. Inline with awarding body guidance candidates are not permitted to use their own books in exams. A clean book will be provided by the Centre for all candidates.